Sunday, May 12, 2013

Philippians 2:1-2

Okay -- gotta say...Paul cracking me up here.  In my head, I can almost hear him....and I love how he argues his case.  I have to wonder...did Paul go to law school.  :)  Bill always tells me one of the golden rules (ha golden) is never ask a question you don't already know how it's gonna be answered.  And that's what Paul does.  But he doesn't stop there...he lays it down...if we answer affirmatively -- which as Christians pretty much must...then here's where the rubber hits the road....here's what we must do...oh snap.

And you know it's just little things he wants us to do to make him and Christ happy.  I wish.

How to apply this....In many ways, I think it's really the "yes" answer to the final question that sets us up to succeed with Paul's list of happiness makers....If my heart is tender and compassionate I am much more open to being loving to my "brothers and sisters."  Working together with one mind and purpose...   Wow...what an amazing challenge.

Lord, only you can bring these changes.  Only you can lead us to working together with one mind and purpose.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment