Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Set your mind (Colossians 3:2)

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. (Colossians 3:2 NIV)

Discipline our minds...Sometimes reminding myself to focus on things above helps refocus my attitude with a situation or a person here on earth.  Focusing on God helps put things back into place and gives  the petty annoyances the boot...I know can get myself in what seems like a never ending loop of frustration and negativity...yuck...for me and those around me.  When I take my eyes off of me...and put my mind on God...it helps me surrender the yuck and lets God soften my heart so that I can start to love again...instead of being a crab.

Lord help me to keep my mind on the things above...help me see this world through your eyes...help me see opportunity instead of inconvenience and irritation.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment