Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Who has the bigger sacrifice? (Ephesians 5:22, 23, 28, 29)

For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. (Ephesians 5:22, 23 NLT)

In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church. (Ephesians 5:28, 29 NLT)

I've always found this set of passages ironic...if that's the right term. Everyone gets all fired up about this little word "submit" that wives need to do...but when you continue on...I really think the guys get the tougher assignment...Husbands need to be willing to give up his life for his wife....or as in this translation....love and care for his wife as Christ did for the church...tall orders if you ask me.  And I have to say....someone who is gonna love me like that....I have no qualms trusting them with my submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment