Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12 NIV)

I don't believe there there can be a more dynamic verse about the power of God's word.  It is our best connection to God -- to know Him and his desires...to know how we should surrender our lives...to shape and direct our paths...and to provide comfort and hope.  I am so convicted...the devotional material from Good Morning Girls for this passage was about how our quiet time with God is not the time to be multi-tasking....and as I'm reading that...I was painting my finger nails...Yep BUSTED.   God knows our hearts...but it is vital that we still our heart and mind  so that we can hear Him.  Lord, help me to be quiet in the midst of busy-ness...help me still my heart so that I can hear your voice.  Be my guide.  Lead me.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment