Monday, December 9, 2013

1 John 4:7,8

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Okay…so this week's theme is love.  And oh my…it is amazing to me how God weaves messages together when we really need to hear them.  :)  Last week, I really needed to remember about Hope….(and understand…it's not like my "hope" issue is done -- but I've learned new things now…so "hopefully" I've taken a step forward.)  Yesterday's message at church was about why Jesus came in the flesh and moved into the neighborhood…and one of the reasons was love (of course)…but Pastor Kirby included the caveat that if we are not loving one another we cannot claim that we know the love of God.  Whoop…there it is.  And it cuts me right to the bone.  Sometimes my love for others looks more like Ebenezer Scrooge than Jesus…ouch.  Which is because I'm relying on me…and me doesn't cut it.  I need Jesus to do this for me….through me…Yes, Lord.  I surrender.  Amen.

Good Morning Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment