Sunday, December 1, 2013

John 1:1-4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

This is the NIV version.  Typically I like the NLT...but these are the verses the way I know them by memory...so I went with tradition.

In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.  That sentence staggers me.  It really is almost more than I can even begin to understand.  He has always been, will always be, is complete....and yet...he wanted to love even more...and that took the form of us.  If that doesn't humble you...bring you to your knees or cause you to leap with joy....then I got nothing.  He is life and light.  And he loves and knows each of us.  He is hope fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment