Friday, December 6, 2013

Romans 15:12-13

And again, Isaiah says, “The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; in him the Gentiles will hope.” May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I love the benediction of Verse 13...The God of HOPE, that we may overflow with HOPE.  We are to be filled with all joy and peace.  What am I missing most in my life lately?  Hope, joy and peace.  Not just because things haven't been a rose garden...but because I forgot to focus my attention on God.  And that is the source of true Hope, Joy and Peace.  The world's version of these things just leave us wanting....they are only dark images of what God has promised to us.  But it is up to us.  Not only does He give us true Hope, Joy and Peace, He gives us true freedom.  It is our choice to make...and even when we make the choice to accept His gift of salvation, we still have our free choice to focus on His plan and make the most of the gift or to not.  He still welcomes and loves us.  However, we are far better off exploring and learning about His gift and love than to just let it sit in a box unused and under appreciated.  Without being crass....it's sorta like my cell phone.  I can use it just as a phone...and that's good....but if I take time to study and learn, there is so much more that I can do with the phone....if I don't...it's me that missing out....I still get the main use of the phone....but there's so much more.  And the cell phone example is at best a weak and pale comparison to the immense present of God in our life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment