Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Psalm 119: 105-106

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws.

Mmmm...Love the first verse.  I think of my new path that Bill built for me from the garage...so that it's easier for him to shovel...but also it's a more level easy to walk path.  We've discovered that if we leave the garage light on it shines brightly on the path and makes it even easier to navigate.  The bible provides us the light for us to follow God's laws more easily. 

The second verse reminds me of yesterday's verses...how lightly do we treat the word of God and his commandments.  I answer for myself...I know I haven't been as faithful as I should.  The amazing thing is that God doesn't stand over us like a angry, scolding parent shaking his finger...he wraps us up in his arms and tells us "Welcome child....come walk with me..."  True love.

No comments:

Post a Comment