Monday, December 2, 2013

John 1:9-12

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

The good news in this passage is definately the last sentence.  I wonder at times as a human how Christ felt about the rejection he experienced...And as that thought crossed my mind I realized that not only did he have to experience that rejection...he knew even before he left all the glory of heaven what was going to happen...the rejection, the crucifiction....and yet he came.  What really floors me...if I believe what we are told is true...he made that decision knowing me.  Kristi.  Not just a group of creatures that would occupy this space called earth...but me.  How is it even possible?  He knew what he was giving up...and he did it because he loved me.  When we say we worship a great God...those words are barely adequate.  And yet, those inadequate words are sweet praise to Him who was before everything....um...WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment