Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jeremiah 33:14, 15

“ ‘The days are coming,’ declares the Lord, ‘when I will fulfill the good promise I made to the people of Israel and Judah. “ ‘In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David’s line; he will do what is just and right in the land.

"In those days and at that time..."  It is God's timing.  Somewhere in the bible there is verse that calls it his perfect timing...define perfect.  Guess what...not my definition.  We want God to be like a slot machine...put our request in, pull the lever, and see three cherries come up...PAY OUT.  And somehow, God just shakes his head and loves us anyway...and says.."wait child...I know what I am doing and it's not your way or your timing...it is mine."  And when put into perspective, um..you know this is the guy who created this whole universe, knows the number of stars in the sky, grains of sand on the beach and knows the hairs on our head (all x billion of us), it makes sense that he'd know when, where and why...  But (yep big butt) in our silly rebellion we still think we know best.  You know when you flick a piece of dirt off yourself...I'm am constantly amazed that God stays mindful of us in all our silliness and doesn't just flick us away.  The advent season is about hope...for me this year it is shaping up to be about being humble...and maybe starting to appreciate an inkling of God's love for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment