Monday, April 8, 2013

Philippians 1:12-14

Paul tells us that everything that has happened to him has spread the Gospel.  Just stop and think about that for a minute....it's staggering.....he has taken every challenge and used it for Jesus's glory.  I think about the words of James, echoed by Paul -- to greet trial with Joy because of the opportunity it presents.  I am in awe of how Paul had lived this out.

Not only has Paul's boldness changed the lives of his guards...the Christians have not been silenced by the imprisonment....no they are even more confident.  What an amazing turn...the exact opposite of what you'd expect to have  happen.

I am challenged...how many times have I "boldly spoke God's message without fear".....My only answer can be...not enough.

Lord, please give me the courage to speak your message boldly and without fear.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment