Thursday, April 11, 2013

Philippians 1:21-24


"To live is Christ, to die is gain."  I'd consider this statement one of Paul's more famous quotes.  I like reading it in the context.  It does tickle me because it sorta sounds a little conceited on Paul's part...but I guess if you've had a personal experience with Jesus like Paul did...it's probably okay to tell folks they still need him for teaching. 

Of course -- the main focus he has is being able to continue his work for Jesus.  That is an amazing singular focus.  I think about all the different things I think about when I look at my to-do list....laundry,  dusting, vacuuming, knitting, writing, and other work types of things...I get pretty distracted and lost in those minor things and forget about being as single minded that all I do is for Jesus.  I have been trying to think this way at my work.  Especially on days I question my purpose and may be a little dissatisfied in the daily grind.  If I approach my paperwork or my relationships with coworkers as if I'm working for Christ the desired effect would be that I work in a way that would bring Him honor.

Lord, I want to honor you with my life.  Please work through me so that my action bring you glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment