Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Philippians 1:4-5

Greetings!!

I flip back and forth between different bible translations and I have to say, I really prefer the NLT on these two verses...not that the NIV isn't good...I just prefer the NLT.

The loyalty of the relationship between Paul and Philippians is very uplifting -- what a great example.

Joy -- one of the footnotes I have talks about the joy that Paul is describing is not dependent on anything in this world...rather it is our relationship with Jesus.

So -- my very straightforward application is to continue to pray for those who are part of my faith family.  Also, instead of the discontent I feel in earthly things, to focus on the joy that has been given to us by our relationship with Christ.  Again...the encouragement against divided loyalties.  :)  Definitely feeling a theme!

Dearest Lord, help me to remember that I will not find real joy in earthly things, that my transforming joy is the reality of the love you have for us and your gift to us of eternal life, that we may spend forever with you.  Jesus, thank you so very much for the wonderful faith partners you've placed in my life.  I ask that you hold them close to your heart.  Bless them Lord as they've faithfully shared your love and encouragement with me.  Lord help me return the same to them. Amen.

P.S.  Renee's (A Confident Heart) devotion this morning used two verses from Philippians.  :)  I love it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment