Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Philippians 1:6

Love, love, love this verse and the hope it represents!  He began a good work in us and will bring it to completion!

I suffer from restless project syndrome.  I'm good at the start but soon lose interest and have trouble getting something, once begun, across the finish line.  As I write, there is a partially knit cowl on the floor, books that have been started (on subjects from Gardening to Grammar) and not finished on my bedside table....I joke that my flowers need to develop a strong root system because around the Fourth of July I've tired of them and no longer regularly water them.  When it's a formal situation (like a class) I'll hang in there and finish -- but if it's just up to me....well let's just say my track record isn't stellar.

But, luckily, this most important work is not up to me!  Hooray!  God promises he'll finish and if he said it, I believe it.

Lord, thank you for beginning this amazing transformative work in our lives.  Thank you for how much you love us and your commitment to us.  You are awesome God.  Your mercies are unending.  Your faithfulness exceeds our understanding.  Thank you Jesus!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment