Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Philippians 1:28

"Don't be intimidated by your enemies" There are many things that run through my mind as I read those words and ponder them.  There has been a thorn in my side for several months...and to compound the complex problem....the thorns loudly proclaim their Christianity.  I was tempted to put the word Christianity in " " but.....that is really not fair.  I don't know their hearts and their relationship with God is between them and God.  But I have mentally railed.  I've been frustrated by the pain and hurt done by these thorns trumpeting God as their banner.  I feel helpless and I hate how their witness hurts people I know.   I'm confused and discouraged by the ability of the thorns to get away with their behavior. So I'm not sure what to do with this verse...or even what follows...about being defeated and destroyed....I play the what if game....and I stew.   Don't be intimidated....don't give over the victory.  Perhaps that is what I can hold on to.

Lord help me remain faithful even in the face of cunning opposition.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment