Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Philippians 1:15-17

"Preaching out of jealously and rivalry" -- Yikes.  What a sad commentary on someone's intentions.  How far some would go because of their own issues.  Not only out of jealousy but also with the intent to make someone else suffer.

At first this seems remote, a trap it would be hard to fall into....but then I think about the temptation to use scripture to "beat" someone down and not love them as God intends....and I know I've fallen into that trap.  It can be tricky -- we need to correct each other....but our motives and out attitudes say it all.  I think of Jesus vs. the Pharisees....one lifted up the hurting, the other lifted up themselves at the expense of the downtrodden.  I can be far too easy to misuse gifts we've been given, knowledge or experience we've gained.  This is why it is so important that all we do is for God's glory....

Lord, create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me.  (Psalm 51:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment