Friday, April 5, 2013

Philippians 1:9-11

Greetings!

The verse 9 is on point for me right now.  I'm delighted that I have it to focus my attention on.  It is a challenge to feel like I overflow with love.  It is continually tempting to overflow with something besides love :)  By working on loving more, I do learn more....part of that comes because I have to work hard at loving more...and part of doing that is challenging myself to see another person's point of view, walk in their shoes so to speak and open my mind to recognize their experiences that have formed their point of view and heart.  It also can push me to recognize their pain.  Doing this definitely causes me to grow in knowledge and understanding....which helps me love deeper.  It also helps me to pause before I jump to a biting response, or in all reality -- my real response which is usually shut down and withdraw...becoming pretty cold.  I kid myself that it's not a noticeable.  That would be what we call denial....and that's a whole 'nother topic.  What it certainly isn't...is love like Jesus has demonstrated.  Our actions can either bring glory and praise to God -- or not.  I know where I want to stand....and that means loving with His heart.

I love you and praise God for you.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment