Sunday, November 17, 2013

1 Chronicles 29:11-13

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength. “O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name

I think out of these three verses the item that stands out to me is "at your discretion people are made great and given strength."  I'm not totally sure why this struck me particularly today.  But it did.  The whole passage was really something.  In fewing it solely as a prayer it really encompasses so much of how we should pray -- but even more so...it really magnifies God and his power...David really lays it all out for God.  Wealth and honor come from you alone...wow.  A headline and opening paragraph caught my attention today...Sam Walton and Warren Buffet...two incredible rich men, never really desired wealth.  That wasn't why they did what they did or do.  I'm not sure for either man if they put God first..but I think of so many -- and myself included -- consumed by the desire for wealth.  Just a little more each month would make a differnce, I tell myself.  Ha.  it's a lie.  Pursuing it doesn't bring wealth.  Sorta like the Samaritan woman...love and acceptance wasn't working for her...until she met the Son of God who gave her love everlasting.  It's amazing to me how thickheaded I can be...it's all right in front of us...God has created it all, it belongs to him and him alone.  If we seek him first he will provide for us.

Wow...and I will be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment