Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Colossians 3:15-17

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.  For as members of one body you are called to live in peace.  And always be thankful.  Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives.  Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives.  Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.  And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

I read this passage over after having typed it out…and I just feel this warm sensation….like a big hug of comfort.  Peace.  Yes Lord -- Peace.  If I relinquish control and let Christ rule in my heart I can have peace.  Just reading those words - thinking those thoughts its as if I can feel the weight lifted and to be able to breathe deeper.  What a comfort.  And yes Lord, I am thankful.  Now, I just have to remember to think on these things.  Easy as pie (mmmm….well maybe not) All too human here.  But together we can encourage and counsel each other.  Now the singing thing I can do….not well mind you…but I can make a great joyful noise!  I love the older hymns.  I miss them.  And boy howdy do I love that some artists are doing new arrangements for these treasured songs.  Singing Come Thou Font of Blessing.  Awesome!  And the couple of new arrangements with Amazing Grace.  Fabulous.  And still some old classics drift through my mind…Standing on the Promises…that particular hymn has been rattling around in my brain…because I've needed those classic truths.  And I am thankful God has gifted these poets with the ability to put my hearts thoughts down on paper and even compose music to go along.  Yes Jesus…I am thankful.  Amen!

Check out this video -- LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment