Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Philippians 4:6-7

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Do you ever feel particularly thickheaded?  I do.  I don't know why I have to plow the same ground over and over again.  I have an insight or break thru…and it seems like 5 minutes later I'm back in the same rut….totally forgetting what I've just learned and discovered.  It is frustrating to me.  I can't even imagine how God looks at it.  I am thankful that he doesn't treat us the way we deserve.  Boy howdy…I would be in a world of hurt…because when I think about my stubbornness and thickheadedness….I just want to shake me.

Still struggling with thanksgiving…and letting go.  Being willing to extend the grace that has been extended to me.  I guess I'm being a miser.  I want others to deserve my grace….even when I received it through no credit of my own.  Again with the growing pains.  This is hard work….and I just wish I could stop falling prey to the same old tricks and weak spots.

Thank you Lord for not treating me the way I would if it were left up to me.  Help me be humble and gracious in the same manner you have extended to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment