Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hebrews Chapter 5

And he is able to deal gently with ignorant and wayward people because he himself is subject to the same weaknesses. 

Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. 

There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen. (Hebrews 5:2, 8, 11 NLT)

Okay...so first off...the three verses I chose today mainly because I could see myself in them.  And frankly the writing of verse 11 cracked me up.  probably wasn't meant that way...but in context of the chapter it just oozed frustration...there is so much I could tell you but you are too stupid to understand.  A lot of truth in it probably -- and frankly I even see myself on the receiving end of this verse much of the time...I'm can be dullard and not listen...I can be easily distracted (sorta like Doug in the movie "Up" -- Squirrel) and if I could just still my heart and mind, I could learn so much more.  Verse 2 reminds me that my heart needs to soften...that I forget my weakness when dealing with others...or more to the point, I deal with others out of my weakness instead of relying on the strength of God....letting Him love through me.  So much work to be done and that's just with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment