Monday, January 6, 2014

Hebrews Chapter 8

But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises. 

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord : I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already. (Hebrews 8:6, 10, 11 NLT)

I love love love the last verses...For everyone will know me already...For some reason, that just gives me such a sense of peace.  I think it has to be about after this earthly world is through...the struggle will be over and we will be able to be face to face with our God spending our time doing what we were meant for...praising Him because of His glorious love for us.  

I also love that we have Jesus as our negotiator.  How's this for a tangent...Jesus as an older brother negotiating with Mary and Joseph on behalf of his younger siblings...for some reason that just tickles me.  Seriously...do you wonder what it would have been like to have Jesus for a big brother?  Would you be annoyed with the perfect sibling?  Would his love overcome those feelings of never measuring up? Interesting...but really sorta pointless....and yet...maybe I watch too many silly soap operas.  Somehow, I think for his sisters he'd be an ideal big protective brother...someone to count on.  It's who he is for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment