Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hebrews Chapter 9

Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins. 

so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him. (Hebrews 9:14, 28 NLT)

Our sins are gone.  That is really too much for me to grapple with at times...how can my failure tomorrow already be forgotten?  What if I forget to ask?  What if...and not always -- what if but what happens when I do something sinful.  I don't necessarily desire to do sinful things...but I also don't always desire not to....and then I'm left with...why am I such a mess.  Why can't I just accept this gift...and really the question becomes...why can't I just accept that Jesus loves me that much.  I believe the Bible.  I do...but sometimes...it's hard to feel it.

Lord, help my unbelief...help me to remember you are not a miser with your love and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment